Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Rhubarb Crunch Recipe

So my first recipe isn't from our goodies from the CSA.. It is from my own veggie garden.


Here is my Rhubarb plant. This is a cutting form my husband's grandmothers' plant.. I forget how far it goes back, I need to find that out.

My mother-in-law gave me this recipe last year and it is simple, made with ingredients that I always have on hand and is perfect for a summer afternoon.

Rhubarb Crunch

1 cup flour
3/4 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup butter; melted
brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
4 cups chopped rhubarb
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
2 Tbsp cornstarch

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9 in pan with cooking spray.
Mix first 5 ingredients ( flour-cinnamon)  together until crumbly. Pour half of mixture into prepared baking dish & gently press to make a crust.

Cover the crust with the rhubarb.

 In a cold saucepan, mix water, sugar & cornstarch; whisk until cornstarch is dissolved. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat until thickened.

Pour over rhubarb then crumble remaining topping on top.

Bake at 350 for 1 hour.



YUM!

This would be perfect with a little bit of vanilla ice cream ;)

Enjoy!

xoxo

No comments: