Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day at the farm♥♥♥♥






Today was the annual Farm Day at Plato's Harvest Organic Farm  What is Farm day you ask? It is the day where Farmer Dave & his wife, Sasha organize a family fun day  right there on the farm complete with food, music, hayrides and of course the stars of the show, Plato & Einstein...and all of their animal friends.

It was a potluck.. so I decided to make this Edammame & white bean salad   Once I had made it, I felt like it wasn't enough.... hindsight, I should have doubled it form the start. Unfortunately I did not have any more edamamme.. or cannelloni beans. So I improvised. I added a can of Chick peas, rinsed & drained and Black Beans, rinsed & drained. I also doubled the dressing since I was adding more legumes..

the result...

delicious!!  The pic doesn't do it justice.. I was running late ( as usual.. where DOES the time go?) and took a quick shot once it was packaged to go. I was  disappointed that I had to add the extra beans, because I love the gentle flavors of the edamamme & cannelloni beans together with the rosemary & garlic oil, but when I went to grab the container at the end of the party, it was empty, so obviously, there weren't any complaints.


*note to self* Tj's trip this week.... you are out of edamamme....

Some pics from the day..

Farmer Dave Playing with Plato & Einstein





getting ready for the hayride












 wonderful music courtesy of the Lindsays


Hungry little fellows...










Grapes!!!


Scott & I picked some in hopes to be able to make some jam..

we weren't able to enough because they were too high for us short folk, but we did stop & buy some organic California grown grapes on the way home to add, so hopefully jam will be in  our future ;)







Now we are home, I have a small batch of Sauce simmering on the stove.... a chocolate zucchini bread in the oven.... this time I tried in in a bundt pan.... I'll let you know how it turns out  ;)

and all is well in the world....... time for a glass of wine and some burgers on the grill on my last night of summer... in my kids' eyes.... Ali ( my youngest) starts her Sophomore year of high school on Tuesday, so this is her last night of summer :(   boy did that go fast!!!!

I'm not just talking about the summer ......


nighty night!!


oxoxo

No comments: